Production Node Assumptions¶
Be sure you know the key BigchainDB terminology:
Note that there are a few kinds of nodes:
- A dev/test node is a node created by a developer working on BigchainDB Server, e.g. for testing new or changed code. A dev/test node is typically run on the developer’s local machine.
- A bare-bones node is a node deployed in the cloud, either as part of a testing network or as a starting point before upgrading the node to be production-ready.
- A production node is a node that is part of a consortium’s BigchainDB network. A production node has the most components and requirements.
We make some assumptions about production nodes:
- Each production node is set up and managed by an experienced professional system administrator or a team of them.
- Each production node in a network is managed by a different person or team.