Write a BigchainDB Enhancement Proposal (BEP)¶
If you have an idea for a new feature or enhancement, and you want some feedback before you write a full BigchainDB Enhancement Proposal (BEP), then feel free to:
- ask in the bigchaindb/bigchaindb Gitter chat room or
- open a new issue in the bigchaindb/BEPs repo and give it the label BEP idea.
If you want to discuss an existing BEP, then open a new issue in the bigchaindb/BEPs repo and give it the label discuss existing BEP.
Steps to Write a New BEP¶
- Look at the structure of existing BEPs in the bigchaindb/BEPs repo. Note the section headings. BEP-2 (our variant of the consensus-oriented specification system [COSS]) says more about the expected structure and process.
- Write a first draft of your BEP. It doesn’t have to be long or perfect.
- Push your BEP draft to the bigchaindb/BEPs repo and make a pull request. BEP-1 (our variant of C4) outlines the process we use to handle all pull requests. In particular, we try to merge all pull requests quickly.
- Your BEP can be revised by pushing more pull requests.